Things I'm Bad At

in , by RoyallyPink, 7:30 AM
It's not a secret that no one is perfect. I'm not perfect, the people around me aren't perfect, there is no such thing as perfect. 

There are though, people who have special skills, talents, and are just better at certain things than others. I consider myself an expert in some things, like being able to name any celebrity in a given movie or saying the Greek alphabet in under 60 seconds. There are some things I'm a natural at and I'm sure all of you are naturals and experts at things.

Even though I'm natural at some things, I'm terrible at other things. I saw someone post this little feature a month or two ago and it's been on my "blog to dos" since then. 

-Doing my hair: My hair is a lion's mane and it takes me about two hours to blow dry and straighten it. The only problem is that I hate doing it. It's heavy and frizzy and curly and annoying. I hate blow drying it but if I don't blow dry it, it's even worse to straighten. I'm really bad at doing my hair; I could get it straight but there is always a few pieces out of place, hence why I always try to find one of my friends to straighten it for me.

-Public Speaking: Oh I think this is my least favorite thing to do. I have never liked giving speeches or presentations but I've gotten used to it since being in college. I don't get as nervous as I used too and taking a public speaking class in high school definitely helped. I still do get nervous the morning of a big presentation. I just don't see the point. I'm not a very loud and outgoing person, especially in front of a classroom when I'm being graded but I get way too nervous for my own good and stumble over my words. 

-Looking for things: My mom never lets me look for things that I need because I do it half-ass. She usually ends up looking for a dress or pair of sunglasses that I need or can't seem to find. I swear I look but it just so happens that things automatically appear when she looks for them.

-Balancing my finances: I think this is the most important thing you should know how to do but I currently have $2 in my bank account so it's definitely one of my low points. I can never seem to get a grip on my bills and credit cards so everything just piles up. It doesn't help that I'm an online shopping addict or that I like to go to Chiptole and Red Mango instead of cooking my own dinners. This is probably a skill I should get started on since I'll be an adult in about a month.

-Keeping Secrets: I don't necessarily have a big mouth and I could keep a secret if it was something really important or serious to the other person but if it's something small or meticulous, I have a hard time keeping my mouth shut. I blame my big Queen's mouth and my love of gossiping but it's just something I can't really help. I have gotten a lot better though!

-Accepting change: Part of me loves change but part of me hates it. Big life transitions, such as graduation, are never easy for me. Letting go of stuff isn't easy for me, especially when it's something I'm so used too, like my life at school. I don't think life transitions and accepting change will ever get easier for me but who is good at that stuff? 

There are definitely other things I'm bad at but these are just a few that I could think of off the top of my head.

What are some things you're bad at? Tell me in the comments!
SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

COPYRIGHT © Royally Pink · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS