Yup..you heard right. Birchbox is back in my life and I couldn't be happier about it. My poor college student bank account couldn't afford the tiny $10 a month price tag but now, I see this as a special treat to myself once a month.

I've been trying to curb my spending and a lot of the time, most of my money is spent on new beauty products that I want to try. I'm justifying this subscription because I feel that if I know my Birchbox is coming, I won't go out and buy new things. 

That's my reason and I'm sticking to it. We'll see how it works out!

Also, Birchbox has so many perks and the best customer service out there, I had to come back. Being part of the Birchbloggers network showed me how much I needed to get back to Birchbox. Nothing else really compares.

Between the Aces program, picking your monthly sample(missed out on that this month), Birchbox points and the book club, you cannot go wrong. I'm obsessed with all things Birchbox and I don't care who knows it!

I received my October box about two weeks ago but wanted to take the time to use the products a bit and see how I felt. Also, I had my editorial calendar planned out and didn't want to disrupt the flow of things. 

I was following the October sneak peeks and saw that one of the items you could receive in your box was a BeautyBlender and a BeautyBlender solid(a cleanser for your spongy friend). Even though I have a BB already, I would've gladly welcomed a second one and the solid cleanser but no such luck.

Despite that disappointment, I was thrilled with my box. Simple but I have/will use everything I received. 



Lets dive in!

Beauty Protector: Protect and Detangle: I've seen this all over the Birchbox world for the past year or so and I've secretly wished I would get this. Waiting paid off and I received it this month and I'm so happy.  This is a detangle leave in conditioner. I always leave my conditioner in after a shower and am searching for a nice "leave in conditioner". This is a good choice because it also detangles my hair and it works like a dream. I would 100% purchase this in the future because it does exactly what it says it would: silky strands, great smell, and really detangles my hair. 

Sample size: 5/5
Full size: $21.95


Coastal Scents Revealed 2  in Ballerina: I was hoping I would get this so I was thrilled when I did receive it. I love the way CS does their samples, they're easy to use and a really nice size. It's an eyeshadow sample that you will actually use and there's enough product to know if you enjoy it. Well, I really really love these eyeshadows. They're super pigmented and perfect for the fall season. I love burgundy shadows and this quad has a great one. You can get an entire look just from these four shadows so it is a really great sample. I will be putting the Revealed 2 palette on my wish list because these shadows are great. 

Sample size: 4/5
Full size: $34


LuMesh Hydrating LipGloss: I'm not a huge lip gloss lover and this sample is super tiny so I wasn't thrilled by this. The smell isn't that great but the color payoff is nice and it's not super sticky. It has a tingly sensation that you find in plumping lipglosses which I like. It's also a really nice mauve-pink color, perfect for fall. I'll definitely find some use for this little guy!

Sample size: 1/5
Full size: $24

Suki Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser: We all know how much I love to exfoliate my skin so I was happy with this as well! The smell is heavenly: pure lemon. It smells like lemon pledge but I love that so it doesn't matter. You need the teeniest, tiniest bit to wash your face because it foams up pretty drastically. I made the mistake of putting close to a quarter size amount in my hands and it was a foamy mess (in a good way but still, you don't need a lot of product). This is is a really incredible product, my skin was so smooth and soft after I used it. I'm kind of obsessed.

Sample size: 2/5
Full price: $32.95

Tocca Crema de Mano, Bianca: This is another product I've seen in a lot of other Birchbox's and was happy to receive it. I love a good hand cream (my favorite is this one) but this Tocca cream is a lot lighter but smells heavenly. It's green tea and lemon scented with coconut oil, Shea butter, and aloe. It's really moisturizing and soothing but not heavy or slick, which allows me to use it throughout the day and not feel greasy. 

Sample Size: 4/5
Full price: $10

I was really happy with this box. I would've loved the Beauty Blender but between the eyeshadow and the hand cream, I'm really, really happy.


Birchbox continues to amaze me and they just get better and better! Click here to subscribe :)

Do you subscribe to Birchbox? Which subscription boxes do you receive? Tell me in the comments!


SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

COPYRIGHT © Royally Pink · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS