Another month, another Birchbox and this month was pretty good. Honestly, I always love my Birchbox. There's always at least one item I've been wanting to try or I've been wanting something similar. I don't understand people who constantly complain about subscription boxes—like it's $10 a month, chill out.

Anyways......

Birchbox started doing this thing where they let you pick one of the samples in your box every month, that way you can get something you really want. Or you could just leave your box as is and be totally surprised.

I had missed the boat on the deadline for the October box so I was really excited to see the November choices. There were a few items that I could've liked but instead, I chose the Buzzfeed Life Curated box. That was an option—instead of your regular box, you could opt for this special box created by the Buzzfeed Life team.





The items were listed on the website so you knew what was in the box before you received it and honestly, all these products were ones I have been eyeing up for months so I thought mind as well get that one!

I am not disappointed and quite excited for this!

Let's see, shall we?

Amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo: Everyone all over the internet has been raving about this dry shampoo so I'm really excited I finally get to try it. The sample size is quite generous, a usual travel sized dry shampoo bottle so that's awesome. It smells incredible—it has Sea Buckthorn and I just love the way that smells. Dry shampoo is tricky to get right but I think Amika has hit it on the head. I don't have any white residue in my hair after application, it smells great, and honestly really does soak up all the oil and makes my hair feel, look, and smell fresh. I will definitely be repurchasing this once the sample runs out. I may even like it more than my other favorite dry shampoo. 

Sample Size: 5/5
Full Size: $21

Dr. Jart+ Pore Minimalist Mask: This is another product I have seen EVERYWHERE. Dr. Jart's is also a brand I have been seeing everywhere in the Birchbox universe and with my skin issues lately, I really wanted to try this mask. This is a Korean mask that is "soaked in charcoal serum to clear and smooth skin." It is also supposed to help the appearance of pores and it's a scary black color. As I write this, I haven't tried it yet but I've heard so many good things about it, I'm sure it'll be great. It'll also be hard to distinguish if it really works because it's a one time use mask.

Sample Size: 5/5 (even though I wish it wasn't single use, it is how the masks are sold)
Full Size: $35

Dr. Lipp Original Nipple Balm for Lips: Once again, another product people go crazy for. It's something I've been wanting to try (see what I meant by I wanted to try every single product for a long time) and it definitely lives up to the hype. It's a thick gel, think vaseline but thicker (kind of like Aquaphor or Carmex). My lips have been super chapped lately and this has helped them feel moisturized and smooth. I use this right before bed and my lips feel awesome in the morning. The sample size is super disappointing as there is hardly any product in the tube but I'll probably get the full size because it's not super expensive.

Sample Size: 1/5
Full size: $14.50

Greenleaf Signature Candle in Silver Spruce: I've been obsessed with candles lately and it was a major selling point for the Buzzfeed box. It's a tiny little candle and doesn't give off a super strong smell but it's so so nice. It smells like Christmas trees and a fresh, winter smell and it has been getting me in the holiday spirit. I'm obsessed.

Sample Size: 3/5
Full size: $17 (not bad for a candle)


Mirenesse iCurl Secret Weapon 24hr Mascara: The selling point of this mascara is that it's like an eyelash curler and mascara in one. The wand is in the shape of your eyelash, a U shaped, which makes for easy, awesome application. Does it last 24 hours? Probably not but OHMYGOD. It lengthens, separates, and really does look like all you did was curl your lashes with the best eye lash curler in the universe. The mascara dries really quickly, almost as soon as it touches your lash but the true star here is the brush. As soon as I applied, my mouth dropped and I was stunned at my lashes. Incredible and I'm saving up my Birchbox points for this bad boy.

Sample Size: 3/5
Full size: $35.96

Do you subscribe to Birchbox? What did you get in your box this month?


SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

COPYRIGHT © Royally Pink · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS