It's only been in recent years, when I've had the blog and become obsessed with online media outlets, that I paid attention to the Pantone Color of the Year. I first remember Emerald two years ago and then Radiant Orchard last year.

Neither of them really impressed me.

I do like the idea of having a color of the year...it's like a full proof guide of staying on trend.

A few weeks ago, the new color of the year was announced but I had no idea it was even happening, that is until I saw it on Twitter and I was super excited.

It also wasn't a surprise that Marsala was chosen as the Pantone Color of the Year...I could've called that from a mile away and if it wasn't Marsala, I think I would've been pissed.

I've been obsessed with this burgundy, wine, nude, mauve color (it can be really any shade of those four) since I saw Kylie Jenner rock it on her lips and every beauty blogger on Youtube started talking about it.

What I didn't realize was that I had been wearing a variation of Marsala for over a year now. I have a pair of maroon/marsala pants from American Eagle that I wore to death last winter and am still getting use of today.

I also have been obsessed with the Essie shade "Angora Cardi" since I picked it up in CVS last winter.

So apparently I've been on trend for a while.

What I like about Marsala and what Pantone says is great about it, is that it's a universal shade that looks good on anyone...any skin tone, man or woman, any hair or eye color, it compliments everyone. It also is a very practical shade, which I think is my favorite reason for it.

The Radiant Orchard shade from last year seemed unwearable to me but Marsala, that's a totally different story. There is so much you can do with it, in both clothes, accessories, and makeup. There are also many different variations of the color...it could have more brown undertones or more pink or more nude. It's so versatile.

I'm a little obsessed, can't you tell?

I wasn't intending on doing a blog post about this but I was in an Internet black hole(ever get into one of those where you don't know how you ended up on the page) and got inspired.

I wanted to share my choices for the best Marsala products...makeup, accessories, anything really!

Side note: Reading about how Pantone picks the Color of the Year is fascinating! 

Here are my favorite Marsala products!

Too Faced La Creme Sweet Maple (I have Cinnamon Kiss, which is no longer sold, but a more brown Marsala that I LOVE) Maybelline Creamy Matte Lipstick in Touch of Spice Bite Beauty Matte Lip Crayon in Glace (I have Gavi and it's similar and amazing!)  Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Soft Rose Essie Nail Polish in Angora Card Make Up Forever Artist Shadow in Pink Ash


Shop my picks below! (The sweaters are SUPPOSED to be in Marsala but for some reason, they showed up differently!)
What are your thoughts on the Color of the Year? Are you going to be incorporating any Marsala products into your routine?





SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

COPYRIGHT © Royally Pink · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS